Bring animals to life on paper! Animal drawings can be intimidating, but not when you know the proper drawing techniques to breathe life into your art.
In this instructional video, Katie walks you through the importance of breaking your drawing down to shapes and utilizing blending, texture, shadows, and highlights to create a realistic kitten complete with an intricate fur coat. The only thing missing will be the “meow”!
- Simplify the drawing process; break it down into shapes
- Layering, blending, and contrasting colors to create depth and realism
- Learn to utilize the angle, sides, edge, and corner of pastels to get the desired results
- The use of specific techniques to add fur texture
- Bring life to eyes with highlight placement
- Uses and techniques for pastel pencils
- Finishing details and techniques to complete the realism of the kitten